I think my reading year is off to a good start, though! Here's a recap of what I finished in January:
- Great House by Nicole Krauss, a novel by the author of A History of Love.
- Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls, a half-novel, half-memoir about the author's grandmother.
- Divergent by Veronica Roth, a hot teen dystopian novel.
- The Novice: A Story of True Love by Thich Nhat Hanh, a Thai folktale that illustrates the tenets of Buddhism, listened to on audio.
- Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick, a wholly unique and amazing middle-grade novel.
I am already making progress on my 2012 Reading Challenges, with one dystopian novel this month and one for my What's in a Name? challenge. So far, I have visited 3 states and 2 countries in my reading: Arizona, Illinois, Minnesota, Israel, and Thailand. All in all, a good reading month.
What were your favorite books read in January?