Today is Tuesday, and that means Top Ten Day over at The Broke and the Bookish. Head on over there to check out all the links to great blogs! I love making lists, but I haven't had the time to participate in this favorite meme all summer. Today's topic is Top Ten Posts That I Think Give You the Best Glimpse of Me. This is an interesting one because most of my posts are either book reviews or Monday What Are You Reading? updates, but I will try to select a nice assortment to give you a better idea of who I am, both personally and as a reader (and writer).
- Welcome to My Reading World - my first ever book blog post, this provides an introduction to who I am and what I like to read. Since it was written over 6 years ago, I doubt that anyone sees it much anymore, so I'm glad to have a chance to link to it! (NOTE: I later separated reviews of kid/teen/YA books into another blog, Great Books for Kids and Teens).
- Review: The Anatomy of Hope - this review of a nonfiction/non-memoir book (a bit unusual for me) is important to me because this book had a profound effect on my own life, and I often recommend it to others.
- Review: Replay - a review of my favorite book of all-time - 'nuff said.
- Favorite Books Read in 2006 - though a few years out of date now, this year-end summary was the first time I'd kept track of what I read, and some of the books listed here as best of the year remain on my top ten of all-time list.
- Top Ten Books That Taught Me Something - long before I discovered this Top Ten meme at The Broke and the Bookish (or even knew what a meme was!), I started my own Ten for Tuesday list feature. This was one of my favorite lists because I love books that are thought-provoking and expand my view of the world.
- Quote It Saturday 11/7/09 - I really enjoyed this meme and keep a quote journal to jot down excerpts from books that I want to remember. This one struck a particular chord with me because it is from a memoir about family and travel, two things that are very important in my life.
- Review: People of the Book - one of my favorite books and also a pretty darn good review, if I do say so myself!
- My Big Book Summer - this post shows two things: my first-ever hosted challenge and my choice of books to read this summer (I have read 3 of the 5 so far and am getting ready to start 11/22/63). There is still plenty of time to tackle a Big Book before Labor Day, if you want to join in!
- It's Monday 8/6/12! What Are You Reading? - yeah, I know just about everyone writes some sort of weekly wrap-up post, but I think mine is a bit unique because I include what everyone in my family is reading. Did I mention that family is important to me?