Saturday, June 14, 2014

Books Read in May





Here we are, mid-June, and once again, I am just posting my monthly summary from May! I keep thinking I will just catch up on my reviews first...and I never do!


May was a big month here at Book By Book because I launched my Big Book Summer Challenge for the third year in a row. It's still early (not even officially summer yet according to the calendar), so join in the fun! You only need to pledge to read at least one book of 400 pages or more - easy as a summer breeze.

May was also an outstanding reading month for me, with 9 books finished:
  • The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater, YA fiction (Virginia)
  • Wild by Cheryl Strayed, a memoir (California)
  • Popular by Maya Van Wagenen, a teen memoir on audio (Texas)

  • This One Summer by Jillian & Mariko Tamaki, an outstanding teen graphic novel (Canada)
  • Velva Jean Learns to Fly by Jennifer Niven, adult fiction (Tennessee)
  • The First Phone Call From Heaven by Mitch Albom, adult fiction (Michigan)



So that's 9 books for May - I think that's a record for me for one month! Four were adult books and the other 5 were for teens and YA. Three books were nonfiction, and I listened to two books on audio. And one book was a graphic novel. A very nice mix for the month! My favorite? Wow, there are so many to choose from, and I enjoyed them all. I think Wild by Cheryl Strayed was my favorite - so powerful and compelling.

I added just four new states and one new country to my Where Are You Reading Challenge 2014 this month - woohoo!  I read only one book from my TBR shelves for my 2014 TBR Pile Reading Challenge this month (and none last month!) - I really need to focus on those TBR books. I listened to two more audio books for my 2014 Audio Book Challenge, so that one's going well so far. And I also added three nonfiction books this month.  No classics - I need to get moving on that one! All in all, an excellent reading month for me.

What was your favorite book read in May? 


No comments:

Post a Comment