Friday, December 12, 2014

Books Read in November





November started with one long book, followed by a bunch of quicker reads:


  • Haunters by Thomas Taylor, teen/YA fiction (Switzerland, UK)
  • The Doubt Factory by Paolo Bacigalupi, teen/YA audio fiction (CT)
  • Trouble Maker by Janet Evanovich & Alex Evanovich, graphic novel (FL)



So, that's 7 books for November, 3 for adults and 4 for kids or teens (though Brown Girl Dreaming is really for all ages). Two were on audio and two were graphic novels and a whopping three were nonfiction, so I had plenty of variety.  My favorite book of the month - and maybe the year - was Brown Girl Dreaming. And that's pretty amazing because it's actually poetry which is not normally my "thing." It's a beautiful, lyrical memoir of the author's childhood, told in verse, and it was wonderful on audio.
 
I added only 2 new states (CT and FL) to my Where Are You Reading Challenge 2014 this month (end of the year). I read only 1 book from my TBR shelves for my 2014 TBR Pile Reading Challenge - I have really not done well on that one this year. I listened to two more audio books for my 2014 Audio Book Challenge for a total of 23 so far this year - I am rocking that one! I added three nonfiction book to my Nonfiction Reading Challenge. And for my new Travel the World in Books Challenge, just started in September, I read one more book.

What was your favorite book(s) read in November? 

No comments:

Post a Comment