Thursday, February 04, 2016

Favorite Books Read in 2015

How did it get to be February already? I am even later than usual with my annual reading wrap-up, but I couldn't possibly skip it because 2015 was a truly AWESOME reading year! I read so many amazing books that just blew me away.

I tried something new and made a complete list of all the books I read in 2015, with my favorites starred - these were favorites chosen without any limits (like top ten, for instance), though even that was a hard judgement call because I read so many great books last year! They are organized by type, alphabetically by title, with an indication of what genre(s) or topics each encompasses.

Here are some stats, just for fun. In 2015, I read:
  • 78 books (one more than in 2014!)
  • Of those:
    • 34 were fiction
    • 7 were nonfiction
    • 7 were graphic novels/memoirs for adults 
    • 16 were teen/YA
    • 18 were middle-grade
    • 25 were audiobooks
    • 53 (65%) were written by women authors
(there's some overlap in those categories)

You can see how I did on my 2015 Reading Challenges here.

Now, for some my top picks:

Best Book of the Year
(also the first book I read in 2015!)

 

Top 10 Novels for Adults Read in 2015

A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Marra
Everyone Brave is Forgiven by Chris Cleave
The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey by Walter Mosley
Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult
Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
One Thousand White Women: The Journals of May Dodd by Jim Fergus
The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver (2nd time & still a fave!)
The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce
Wool by Hugh Howey

Top 3 Graphic Novels/Memoirs (and also Top 3 Nonfiction)
Fun Home by Allison Bechtel
Relish by Lucy Knisley  
Persepolis  by Marjane Satrapi

Top 7 Teen/YA Novels Read in 2015
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl  
Challenger Deep by Neal Schusterman 
Looking for Alaska by John Green
Mosquitoland by David Arnold
Say What You Will by Cammie McGovern
UnDivided by Neal Schusterman

Top 6 Middle-Grade Books Read in 2015
Echo by Pamela Munoz Ryan
Finding the Worm by Mark Goldblatt
Ghost Hawk by Susan Cooper 
Listen, Slowly by Thanhha Lai  
Nest by Esther Ehrlich
Revolution by Deborah Wiles

Like I said, what an amazing reading year! Check out my full list - there were many more favorites I didn't mention here. What were your favorite books read in 2015?

No comments:

Post a Comment